South Dakota Development Corporation
The South Dakota Development Corporation was created for you and South Dakota. Bill Janklow, former governor, saw enormous potential for both small businesses and primary lenders in South Dakota through the Small Business Administration 504 program. He worked with the private sector to help form SDDC—recognizing the federal program was underused.
The SDDC took it from there and was certified under the Small Business Administration as a Certified Development Company in 1983. If eligible, your new or existing business may borrow anywhere from $100,000 to $5.5 million through the SDDC. With low interest, fixed-rate loans, the SBA 504 program can help you reach your business goals.
SDDC 504 Loan Basics
Apply for low interest, fixed-rate small business loans for 10, 20 or 25 year terms. And make yourself appealing to other lenders with less risk and lower loan amounts. Learn about SBA 504 loans with SDDC.
About SBA 504
SBA 504 Loan Quick Facts
- Provides permanent fixed rate financing for owner occupied commercial real estate and other fixed assets
- Available to for-profit businesses, including retail operations and approved franchises
- As a Certified Development Corporation (CDC), the South Dakota Development Corporation offers 504 loans statewide
- Loan amounts: $100,000 to $5 million; may increase to $5.5 million if project meets national objectives
- Subordinate lien position to bank
- Fully amortized 10, 20 and 25 year terms
- Takeout financing
- Can be used to refinance qualified existing adjustable rate loans
Current SBA Real 504 Rates
|10 Year||20 Year||25 Year|
|September 2018||September 2018||September 2018|
How the SBA 504 Loan Structure Works
Typically the SBA 504 loan has a 50-40-10 structure.
- 50 percent is financed by a regulated lender that receives a first mortgage position on all project collateral.
- 40 percent is provided by the South Dakota Development Corporation, which sells debentures guaranteed by SBA and receives a subordinated collateral position.
- 10 percent is provided by the borrower in a cash equity injection. This is the minimum equity contribution and depending on the project, and available personal resources, the SDDC may require a larger contribution.
Start-up businesses or single-purpose facilities require an additional equity contribution of 5 percent. If the business meets both of these criteria, a 20 percent equity contribution is required.
|SBA 504 Loan Structure Example:|
|Conventional loan; first mortgage||$325,000 (50%)|
|SBA 504 Loan 20 year term, fixed rate||$260,000 (40%)|
|Small Business concern, down payment||$65,000 (10%)|
|Total Project Cost||$650,000 (100%)|
What South Dakota Business Owners Have to Say:
The ease of the SBA 504 allowed me to purchase the grocery store in Highmore. While I worked on the transition of ownership, my SDDC loan officer handled all the necessary paperwork for this loan.
The SBA 504 allowed us to expand our car dealership and the long-term financing was key to our ability to expand. The partnership between the SDDC and our banker made the application process seamless.
The low rate and long-term financing availability of the SBA 504 program gave us the opportunity to bring all of our manufacturing under one roof. The SDDC staff was with us every step of the way.
Start Your Loan Application
Choose a small business lending partner who’s here for you. Our loan application process is convenient and straightforward—with requirements outlined for you. Begin making your business goals a reality. Apply for an SBA 504 loan today!
You may view and print the application as a PDF file using Adobe Reader. Please note that while you may type your information onto this application and then print it, once you leave the site the information will not be saved. If you do not currently have Adobe Reader, download Get Adobe Reader program for free.
Contact Us or Send Your Loan Application
Have questions or comments? Ready to send your application? Contact South Dakota Development Corporation by submitting the form or directly contacting us at 605-275-1504 today.